What: Summer Photography workshops for children
Where: Monaco and Cannes
When: 2 July to 31 August 2012, 9.30am to 1pm Mon-Fri
Fee: €75.00 per day or €295.00 per week (ex VAT)
Skill Level: beginners, 8 years and upwards
Do you have a keen young photographer in the family? Or know someone who wants to take the next step in developing their passion for making great pictures? Whether they’re just getting to grips with that new camera or already aiming to become the next Annie Leibovitz or David LaChapelle, there’s a course in Monaco this summer that may be just the ticket.
Throughout the school vacation, Naneen Rossi – whose column ‘People who make Monaco‘ appears in our community pages – will be running a series of photography workshops specially designed for kids. The course as a whole is 90% practical, so there’s plenty to occupy young participants.
It’s envisaged that each course – centred in Monaco and Cannes – will run for five consecutive days (Monday to Friday) and last for 3-4 hours per day (with refreshments included). The course combines practical camera skills with artistic know-how – including post-editing using computer software – and promises to be an excellent introduction to the huge array of disciplines in today’s increasingly popular world of digital photography.
Topics covered during the course include:
1. Basic Digital camera functions. How to use different camera modes such as ISO, aperture, shutter speed and exposure
2. Framing, focal point and depth of field; shooting subjects from different perspectives.
3. Reviewing and editing of photos and basic Photoshop
4. Introduction to studio lighting
5. Introduction to photographic disciplines such as travel, portraiture, fashion, still life, commercial etc, and a brief introduction to professional avenues available in the world of photography
The course will culminate in a final exhibition at the end of the summer. What better way to make good use of the sunny summer weather?
For further info please contact Naneen on +33 6 34 33 23 36 or firstname.lastname@example.org