Nominees announced for the 2016 TV Sports Awards in Monaco!
The nominees for the 2nd annual TV Sports Awards (TVSA) 2016 have been announced today. The awards recognise and celebrate excellence in the sports media industry across eight categories. The event includes a gala dinner and auction, and will be held on Monday, 24th October at the Fairmont Monte-Carlo, Monaco.
The event, supported by SPORTELMonaco, will feature an array of sporting legends, and high- profile guests from the world of sport, media and entertainment. The evening will be hosted by Kate Abdo, Sky Sports News presenter and host of the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or. It will also feature a live auction hosted by ex-Sotheby’s auctioneer Edward Rising. All proceeds from the evening will be donated to Play for Change, a sport and education charity for vulnerable children.
The nominees have been shortlisted by an independent committee formed of representatives from influential and well-respected sports media partners, including iSportconnect, Sportcal, SportsPro, TV Sports Markets and SportBusiness International. The sports media industry will be able to cast their votes on the SPORTELMonaco website for each category from mid-September. The full list of nominees are as follows:
Best Sports Broadcaster
- beIN Sports
Best Live Event Coverage
- NBA Finals
- ICC World T20
- UEFA Euro 2016Best Digital Media Project
- Adidas #boostyoursummer campaign
- SAP project with WTA
- Root Sports #WHEREiROOT campaign
Best TV Rights Deal
- FIBA’s deal with Perform
- LeSports Chinese Super League deal with China Sports Media
- MP & Silva’s deal with Japanese telco SoftBank
Best Football Rights Deal
- Bundesliga’s new domestic rights deals with Sky Deutschland and Eurosport
- La Liga’s domestic agreements with Telefónica and Mediapro/beIN Sports
- LeSports’ deal with China Sports Media for Chinese Super League rights
Media Executive of the Year
- Stefan Kürten, Director of Sports and Business, the European Broadcasting Union
- Christian Seifert, CEO of the DFL
- Simon Denyer, Chief Executive and Founder, Perform Group
Agency of the Year
- WME/ IMG
- Infront/Wanda Sports
- MP & Silva
The Play for Change award nominations have been shortlisted by a panel of experts in the Sport for Development field and will be presented to a top-class athlete, who is responsible for extraordinary social responsibility work through supporting, funding and advocating worthy campaigns, initiatives and projects for vulnerable children through sport.
The 2016 nominees and their respective charities are as follows:
- Monica Gonzalez-Gonzo Soccer
- Anne Wafula Strike- AbleChildAfrica and Olympia-Wafula Foundation.
Marie Le Page, Director for Play for Change said: ‘The PFC Award is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the power of sport and the role of outstanding philanthropic sports men and women, who act as agents of change. I am delighted to see two outstanding and strong women this year, Monica Gonzalo and Anne Wafula Strike, nominated for their work in sport for social good. It is a reminder that sport is increasingly used in a human rights context, as it encourages the integration of children from different cultural or economic backgrounds, those with disibiities and gender equality’.
This exclusive event will operate a strict closed door policy. Tables for the TVSA are available to reserve via the official awards website, please visit www.tvsportsawards.org for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.